What is normality? Behavioral manifestations that are normal in one context but not in another, depending on how the person is viewed by the society (as decribed by psychiatrist and historian George Mora, M.D.). I percieved that people often judge one another based on their own definition of normality. My favorite quote about what is normal or not came from a childhood TV show, the Addams Family, which the matriach Morticia Addams once said, “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” Your experience and perspective in any given situation impacts how you approach or view a task.
• M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University
• Higher Graduate Diploma of Clinical Sciences in Psychiatry, Chulalongkorn University
• Diplomate, Thai Board of Psychiatry, The Medical Council
• Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy: EMDR
Mental Health Problems:
• Schizophrenia and psychotic disorder
• Psychiatric problems in physical illness